- Enhance security and reduce risk with multiple layers of built-in protection
- Increase availability and reduce resource usage with the lightweight Nano Server
- Develop and manage with agility thanks to Windows Server and Hyper-V containers
- Build highly available, scalable software-defined storage and reduce costs
- Software-defined networking to automate with cloud-like efficiency
Windows Server 2016 is the cloud-ready operating system that supports your current workloads while introducing new technologies that make it easy to transition to cloud computing when you are ready. The following information provides an overview of the editions and licensing options.