Struggling to navigate the minefield of server licencing?
Allow us to help you through it! If you are interested in Open Volume licensing and require more information, then please read our guide below or call our specialist software team on 0844 412 4575
- A minimum purchase of just five licenses
- Discounts off the retail price of software
- A one-time transaction, so that you can pay at the time you purchase software
- The rights to create a standard system image and deploy it on multiple machines, and rights to transfer licenses from one machine to another
- The ability to obtain licenses from multiple locations through a worldwide reseller channel
- The ability to track and manage licenses by using online tools
- Access to Microsoft Software Assurance, an enhanced maintenance program that helps you get the most out of your software investment (see below)
- A single authorization identification number that can be shared with qualified affiliate organizations
More info- //www.microsoft.com/licensing/programs/open/overview.mspx
What is a Client Access License (CAL)?
If your company's workstations are networked, you will utilise a network server and the workstations on the network will access that server(s) software to perform certain functions such as file and print sharing. In order to legally access this server software, a client access license or CAL may be required. A CAL is not a software product; rather it is a license that gives a user the right to access the services of the server.
Microsoft Software Assurance is a comprehensive maintenance offering that helps you get the most out of your software investment. It combines the latest software with phone support available 24 hours a day, partner services, training, and IT tools that help customers deploy, manage, and migrate software. With Software Assurance, you can increase worker productivity, accelerate organizational performance, and quickly realize a return on your software investment
More info- //www.microsoft.com/licensing/sa/default.mspx
Open Business Licenses (features)