WS 2012 R2 Datacenter
Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter for SMB - Windows Server 2012 R2 is the Solution
When you optimize your business for the cloud with Windows Server 2012 R2, you take advantage of the skills and investment you’ve already made in building a familiar and consistent platform. Windows Server 2012 R2 builds on that familiarity. With Windows Server 2012 R2, you gain all the Microsoft experience behind building and operating private and public clouds, delivered as an enterprise-class, simple and cost-effective server and cloud platform.
Windows Server 2012 R2 delivers significant value around the following seven key capabilities:
- Server virtualization. Windows Server 2012 R2 is a virtualization platform that has helped organizations of all sizes realize considerable cost savings and operational efficiencies. With industry leading size and scale, Hyper-V is the platform of choice for you to run your mission critical workloads. Hyper-V in Windows Server 2012 R2 greatly expands support for host processors and memory. Using Windows Server 2012 R2, you can take advantage of new hardware technology, while still utilizing the servers you already have. This way you can virtualize today, and be ready for the future.
- Storage. Windows Server 2012 R2 was designed with a strong focus on storage, from the foundation of the storage stack up, with improvements ranging from provisioning storage to how data is clustered, transferred across the network, and ultimately accessed and managed. Windows Server 2012 R2 offers a wide variety of high-performance, highly available storage features and capabilities, while taking advantage of industry-standard hardware for dramatically lower cost.
- Networking. Windows Server 2012 R2 makes it as straightforward to manage an entire network as a single server, giving you the reliability and scalability of multiple servers at a lower cost. Automatic rerouting around storage, server, and network failures enables file services to remain online with minimal noticeable downtime. What’s more, Windows Server 2012 R2 – together with System Center 2012 R2 – provides an end-to-end Software Defined Networking solution across public, private, and hybrid cloud implementations.
- Server management and automation. Windows Server 2012 R2 enables IT professionals to meet the need for fast, continuous and reliable service within their datacenters by offering an integrated platform to automate and manage the increasing datacenter ecosystem. Windows Server 2012 R2 delivers capabilities to manage and automate many servers and the devices connecting them, whether they are physical or virtual, on-premises or off, and using standards-based technologies.
- Web and application platform. Windows Server 2012 R2 builds on the tradition of the Windows Server family as a proven application platform, with thousands of applications already built and deployed and a community of millions of knowledgeable and skilled developers already in place. Windows Server 2012 R2 can offer your organization even greater application flexibility. You can build and deploy applications either on-premises or in the cloud—or both at once, with hybrid solutions that work in both environments
- Access and information protection. With the new capabilities in Windows Server 2012 R2, you will be able to better manage and protect data access, simplify deployment and management of your identity infrastructure on-premises and across clouds, and provide your users with more secure remote access to applications data from virtually anywhere and any device.
- Virtual desktop infrastructure. With Windows Server 2012 R2, Microsoft is making it even easier to deploy and deliver virtual resources across workers’ devices. VDI technologies in Windows Server 2012 R2 offer easy access to a rich, full-fidelity Windows environment running in the datacenter, from virtually any device. Through Hyper-V and Remote Desktop Services, Microsoft offers three flexible VDI deployment options in a single solution: Pooled Desktops, Personal Desktops, and Remote Desktop Sessions (formerly Terminal Services).
SMB's are Virtualising!
Use Virtualisation to help you:
- Run more apps on the same server
- Simplify management and cut costs
- Easily move workloads to new servers with no downtime
Virtualization is often considered the first step on the path to the cloud. Once customers have their services running on virtual machines (VMs), the entire infrastructure becomes more nimble—with the ability to easily host VMs on-site or move them to the cloud as needed. As a partner, this provides you with the flexibility you need to build solutions that can easily be deployed in the way that best meets the immediate customer need, whether on-premises or in the cloud.
SMBs think about virtualization, you typically think about server consolidation—enabling you to run more applications on fewer servers and helping to cut costs for hardware, maintenance, and power. Virtualization also delivers a range of other benefits, like making it dramatically faster and easier to manage your IT environment.
Whether you have two servers or a room full of them, we can help you use virtualization to get the most out of your investment. This is especially relevant if you have recently refreshed—or are planning to refresh—aging hardware.
Want to know more, Call us Today!