AMD - DID YOU KNOW?
Almost all of the AMD-based server solutions have model numbers ending with the number 5. So, justlook for the 5 at the end of the model number to easily identify the AMD processor-based solutions.
Real-world performance. Real-world value. Do the math
The AMD Opteron™ 6300 Series Processor is the next evolution in the AMD’s server processors. It’s a great choice because it is uniquely beneficial for virtualization, cloud and HPC, providing you with:
> Low TCO and outstanding performance in key industry workloads.
> An easy transition than competing platforms.
> A solid software ecosystem.
The AMD Opteron™ 6300 Series processors are a perfect choice for:
> Low TCO and outstanding performance in key industry workloads
• Up to 24% higher Java performance1 and 40% better performance/watt than previous generation.
• Designed within the same power envelope - Provides enhanced power efficiency by running applications fast while staying within the same power budget.
> An easy transition than competing platforms
• Unlike the competition, who has completely redesigned their platforms, AMD Opteron™ 6300 Series processors will be socket – and chipset-compatible for an easy refresh to your server line. While there will be a BIOS update, you will not need to do a platform redesign and the platform validation effort should be minor.
• Because of compatibility, customers using AMD Opteron™ 6200 Series processor-based servers can quickly qualify their next-generation server. This helps reduce qualification time, saves money and resources, and gets customers quickly online with AMD Opteron 6300 Series processor enhancements.
> A solid software ecosystem
• The next generation “Piledriver” core extends the benefits of “Bulldozer” through applications, tools,and OS optimizations for the modular core architecture.
Why it’s great...
> AMD Opteron™ 6300 Series processors address the need for cost effectiveness by allowing your customers to run VMs at significantly lower costs than with Intel-based servers.
> Reducing server sprawl, minimizing under-utilized servers, and simplifying server management are critical to many customers, and the solution is higher VM density. Supporting twice the VMs5 per processor compared to the competition makes it possible for you to offer a very VM-denseserver solution.
> Also, customers want to extend the life of their investment but must be sure that it provides the scalability for their future needs. With the ability to run 672 VMs per rack,5 customers can purchase AMD-based servers today and be confident that they’ll have room to grow for tomorrow
> Customers have limited budgets and needto have funds left for future purchases. WithAMD-based servers you can help customersmeet their performance requirements in a cost effective way so they have room in their budgetfor future deployments.
> Other customers have to maximize their budget today and are looking to get the most performance for their purchase. By offering AMD-based servers you can help maximizetheir compute resources per their budget.
> To other customers, performance is their number one driver. Given that 128-bit mode is commonly used today, AMD-based servers can providemuch greater performance than the competition, which allows customers to drive moreperformance per rack.
> Minimizing CAPEX and OPEX is especially important for cloud customers. AMD’s low processor costs help make your servers very affordable to customers. Energy-efficient processors and support for low-voltage memory can help customers lower their OPEX.
> Web/cloud transaction rates peak and valley. Therefore, you need a server that has computational room to grow for peak usage.With higher core density and boost ranges,AMD processors are equipped for the peaks. They’re also ready for the valleys with a fullsuite of AMD-P power saving features