Introducing Windows Server 2016 and System Center 2016, the Cloud–ready operating system!
Are you ready for the Launch?
The Cloud puts new demands on your organization to innovate faster in order to compete effectively. You make decisions every day about how to balance traditional IT responsibilities with cloud innovation. At the same time, your organization faces increased security threats from outside and within. For these reasons and more, organizations adopt Cloud computing at different rates. Windows Server 2016 is the Cloud-ready operating system that supports your current workloads while introducing new technologies that make it easy to transition to Cloud computing when you are ready. It delivers powerful new layers of security along with Azure-inspired innovation for the applications and infrastructure that power your business.
Windows Server 2016 delivers a flexible and cost-efficient platform for your datacenter, using the same compute, storage and network virtualization features that power the Azure public cloud.
Editions and Overview
Windows Server 2016 editions have been streamlined to better support today’s changing business requirements. Windows Server 2016 will be released in the following editions:
- Windows Server 2016 Datacenter: For highly virtualized datacenter and cloud environments.
- Includes new datacenter functionality including shielded virtual machines, software-defined networking, storage spaces direct and storage replica.
- Windows Server 2016 Standard: For physical or minimally virtualized environments.
- Windows Server 2016 Essentials: For small businesses with up to 25 users and 50 devices. Essentials is a good option for customers using the Foundation edition, which is not available for Windows Server 2016.
- Windows Server 2016 MultiPoint Premium Server: Enables multiple users to access one computer; available only for academic licensing.*
- Windows Storage Server 2016: For dedicated OEM storage solutions. Available in Standard and Workgroup editions through the OEM channel.
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2016: Free hypervisor download.
- License Type - Server 2016 Standard
- License Qty - 16 core
- License Type - Server 2016 Essentials
- License Qty - 2 core
- License Type - OEM
- License Qty - 24 core
- License Type - Server 2016 Datacenter
- License Qty - 16 core